0

DAY FOUR: A little bit of Disney, Beaches and Avatar

Posted by Angela Dawn on Monday, February 15, 2010
I started off Saturday morning today with breakfast at Steakhouse 55. I know it doesn't really sound like a breakfast place, but it served it (it's at my hotel).

I had slept in a little while, and headed out around 11 to go do some hiking at Crystal Cove State Park (on the beach between Laguna and Newport). They had some more hills not directly on the beach, but they were closed (due to mudslides?). It wasn't too much hiking. But, I did get to see the beach, and also visited Newport Beach and Huntington Beach (I forget which one had the pier that I saw. I had a milkshake at a little shake shack on the highway - thought it was really thick and felt more like ice cream. It was just vanilla, but those little stops are just the best.


Not really too many pictures today. I took some of the beaches, but they kind of melded together.

After the beaches - I went and saw Avatar in the 3-D Imax theatre next to my hotel. It was a really, really good movie. It had came recommended from a lot of people - so I had high expectations. Luckily, it lived up to it.

After the almost three hour movie, I went back to Disney and watched the evening fireworks. I was pretty exhausted by this time, so I went to bed. I know, short day. Tomorrow is more Disney fun - and there will be more pictures :).

Found out this evening that I actually have a perfect view of the fireworks from my hotel room - pretty awesome considering I was bummed about other conditions of the room.

Night for now.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Travel Bug All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.