0
Day TWO - Disneyland Resort Parks - Part One
Posted by Angela Dawn
on
Friday, February 12, 2010
Today, I started off the morning with my Goofy's Kitchen breakfast reservation. I do not knowwhat is up with my eating habits, but I was unable to finish my meal (again - and it happens later this evening, too). Granted, I did stuff my plate rather full, but usually I can really fill myself up, especially at breakfast. No matter. My reservation was the first of the day, at 7am. I arrived just a bit early and waited until 7 to be seated. The restaurant is next to the convention center here at the hotel, so I did a little exploring. Before I was seated I took my picture with Pluto (who greets guest for a money-making picture at the front of the restaurant). I sat down and then went and picked up my food - here is what my meal looked like (aren't you jealous?):
First, Baloo came by and gave me a hug. Then, Goofy came by and sat down with me after he conjured that I was alone. He asked how his food tasted (he is the "chef" at this place), and I gave him the thumbs up. I also mentioned that the waffles and pancakes should be Goofy shaped which he was happy about.
After he got up, Cinderella came by and we took a picture. Then, Baloo came back and sat down with me, and Goofy again sat down with me. It's really difficult to understand the characters sometimes - they can't talk, so they give hand signals. I was guessing wrong a lot of the time. After they left, I finished my meal. However, Chip and Dale stopped by (separately), but no one was around to take a picture for me, so I couldn't have one with them. And, I didn't get one with them at the park, either. Unlike Walt Disney World, Disneyland doesn't seem to have character greeters (a person that walks around with a character to keep things under control and orderly, in a line for autographs, etc.). So when I saw them again at the park, there were bunches of kids just running up to the characters so I didn't want to interrupt the kids enjoying their moments, nonetheless ask any parent to take a picture of me. I'll probably go see Mickey for a picture in the parks because he is at his house, and he might have a more organized routine for pictures. Enough about that - after breakfast I headed back to the room before heading out to the park.
Once inside the park, I ventured off directly to Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage. This is the ride that I constantly read about having a long line. Since I was allowed early entry (magic mornings for hotel guests include an extra hour in the park on certain mornings, before other guests), when I made it there I didn't have a wait. Watching kids (on this ride and others) was just too cute today. I imagine seeing my cousin's kids on these rides and what their reactions would be. Can't wait until they're able to go (more likely to WDW though).
After Nemo, I went on Space Mountain (better than WDW's version), Buzz Lightyear's arcade game (forget the actual name), Pirates of the Caribbean (also better than WDW's version), Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh. All of these rides were practically walk-ons. It takes a good 5 minutes to get through some of their queues (just walking), but I didn't really have a wait. I had gotten a fast-pass for Indiana Jones (which doesn't have a version of the ride at WDW) and returned there. This was the longest wait. I think maybe it was a half hour, tops. I overheard that a lot of the cars weren't running that day (or something to that affect), which caused the unusual slow down. I should have went in the single-rider line, which seemed to go quicker than fast-pass. I remembered that for later, though. I saw a group of down-syndrome kids get on the ride before me - I actually saw quite a few groups of kids with down-syndrome. Their smiles and joy is just so infectious. One kid was in line for Dale while I was watching on, so adorable his interaction. He kept asking for group hugs (with Dale and his siblings).
After the rides, I took some pictures around Sleeping Beauty's castle (the sun was in my eyes - so I look like I was crying, or at least squinting) and in the entrance to down Main Street. It was a little after noon by this time, so I headed over to California Adventure park (it opened at 10 and I had been at Disneyland park since 9). Well, that's all for today. I'm having trouble staying awake while posting this, part two of my day will be posted later. :)
Post a Comment