1

Well I made it! :) - Arrival Day 1

Posted by Angela Dawn on Saturday, June 06, 2009 in
After 6 hours of flying (really, it seemed like forever, though I know it wasn't), I took the BART from the airport to the Powell Street station, got a little lost trying to figure out which way to go from there, picked up a cab and arrived at my desitnation. I had originally planned to take the BART to the next station, transfer South, transfer to Caltrain and arrive within a block of the loft. However, solely taking the BART was both quicker and cheaper. So, I went that way. I knew beforehand it would be about a mile walk from the station, but I got out and had stores all around me and I think I became distracted (Bloomingdales, Anthropologie, Gucci anyone? - okay, so I didn't see Gucci, but I'm sure it's in this city somewhere, but no worries, I won't be buying anything there). It took me awhile to find a cab. I was around a shopping center and couple of hotels, so you think it would have been a little easier, but no. I didn't see any coming on the side of the street I was on for awhile, so I crossed. And then, of course, three passed (though I do think they were full of people). After walking a bit and turning down several streets I was finally able to hail one (I learned this in Chicago - though they seem to be more abundant there).

I buzzed in and met Kevin (loft owner). He was really nice; showed me up to the Loft. It's so quaint. It's a little smaller than in the pictures (I'm not sure why), but it's perfect for little old me. In fact, I wish there were something like this in Columbus. Quaint and simple for Ang.

By this time it was about 7:30pm San Francisco time. I called my mom to let her know I made it okay, learned my sister decided to show me up while I was gone by buying my parents a gift (hehe, love you Jenn), and turned on my laptop to verify the time of sunset here (about 8:30). I quickly put my backpack on and ran two blocks (okay, so I didn't run, I walked leisurely) to Safeway for some grocery shopping. The contents: Milk, Strawberries, Blackberries, Pineapple, Bread, Diet Pepsi and Water. I brought some things from home to counter-balance, but that seems about right. I put the food in the fridge when I came back and hustled up to the roof to get some "sunset" shots - though the sun was kind of hidden behind building already. No matter, here's what the view from the roof looks like:



I came back to the loft and took a few pictures - Kitchen as seen from living room - and yes, I haven't unpacked yet - already making a mess:


Living room as viewed from Loft:



Bedroom in Loft:


Well now it's nearing 1 am (okay, so it's only 10pm here)...so I think it best that I go unpack and get some rest. Tomorrow morning I catch the CalTrain and go South to San Jose, meet up with Joel, go to the beach (yay!) and other excursions I'm not quite certain of (possibly)?
Night!

1 Comments


Sounds like a busy day! I'm sure you had no problem falling asleep!
The place looks awesome! Now we know where to stay when we finally make it out there!!!
Have fun in San Jose and the beach! Keep posting!

Talk to you soon - Love ya! Jenn

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Travel Bug All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.